Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Getting in the Christmas Spirit

 Yes I'm way behind on our blog! I feel like I'm just catching my breath from the holidays and January is half over! This year we had to fit everything in holiday parties, and friends by December 15th when we left for Utah (I'll explain why we had to be there so early in my next post) One of Ty's family traditions has always been to make and decorate sugar cookies. So we decided that was a great way to kick off our Christmas celebrations and begin getting into the Christmas spirit.



For Family Home Evening we invited the Coffey family over to  help us with all our cookies!


"Hmmm... What should I do with this left over frosting on my fingers?"


Troy's gingerbread masterpiece


Weston was more intersted in eating the candy and frosting then decorating his gingerbread man.


 Janna and Liam working hard.


 The boys got to sit on Santa's lap at our ward party. Troy liked Santa so much that he turned around and tried to go back to see him again. He wasn't too happy when we told him all the other kids needed a turn with Santa too!


The Red Rock Stake in Las Vegas puts on a live nativity every year! I love it! They have live animals, amazing costumes, even a real baby Jesus and it always helps put me in the Christmas spirit! We got there 40 min. early this yr. to secure a seat along with our friends the Foote's and their 2 kids. The boys loved petting the donkey, sheep, and little goats before the program.





3 comments:

Lue said...

That live nativity looks really cool.

Lachelle said...

If you all make it out here next Christmas we'll have to make plans to go see it!

Peg said...

Weston has really pinkish checks in his picture, so he looks like the decorated gingerbread man himself. Looks like lots of fun!