Lincoln Memorial
My first impression was how huge Lincoln was, I've seen this in movies but the monument is huge in person!
Lincoln Memorial
Washington Monument
Due to Earthquake damage we couldn't go up in it.
Jefferson Memorial
The monument of him was much bigger than I expected.
On the steps of Jefferson Memorial
The White House
We were surprised to see no protestors outside.
This is a sad view of the Reflection pool from Lincoln Memorial, it's under construction. Ty was annoyed that it looked like this. I told him I'd just visualize the water.
World War II Memorial
Martin Luther King Memorial this was just finished
in the last month! Don't mind the two random ladies.
I like how they carved him out of the middle of this large stone, pushed him out in front and left the two pieces with a gap in the middle that you walked through to get to M.L.K. Jr. to symbolize two races divided.
Air and Space Museum
Amelia Earhart's plane the "Vega" I found her life fascinating. I loved that her plane was red, my favorite color!
We also went to the Holocaust Museum, the Museum of Natural History and the Museum of American History there was so much to see!












2 comments:
Wow no wonder your feet hurt, that is a lot of ground you covered. Amelia Earhart has always fascinated me too. Love her red airplane. Love all the memorials, they are all huge, guess that is one of the reasons they make such big statements!
That's cool you made it for the MLK Jr. Memorial. I haven't seen that one yet.
Post a Comment