Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hayley's Wedding

My baby sister Hayley is all grown up and on October 20th got married to Nate Christiansen in the Mount Timpangoes temple. The sealing was really nice and some really good advice was given on forgiveness and becoming one as a couple. I got emotional during the sealing and my sister Lindsay teased me about it. It's because I remember the day Hayley was born and going to meet her for the first time in the baby nursery at the hospital with my Dad, I was 9 yrs. old. A year later we moved to Highland and I babysat Hayley a lot. I threw her a Teddy bear picnic Birthday party when she turned 4 or maybe 5 and introduced her to another little girl who would become her best friend growing up Erica Rovig.  Hayley has always been an example to me even though I'm her big sister. She could be found reading her scriptures at a very young age and telling us to please not fight when other family members were not getting along in our house. I'm happy Hayley has found a good man that loves her and we are so excited to have Nate as the newest addition to the La Cognata family!

I was running around after two 20 month olds in high heels so I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked but here is what I did get.



Coming out of the temple!


 Mr. and Mrs.Nathan Christiansen


 The brother in laws Ty, Brandon and brother Michael lifting Hayley up. She really didn't want to be picked up but we made her that's what families are for right?

 Love this girl and the dress!


 My cute Sister in law Kimberly with Weston and Troy. They were just walking so nicely with Kim I had to get a picture.


Handsome Weston picking up leaves during family pictures.


After pictures we went back up to my parents house to feed the boys and give them a nap. This is after they woke up in their dress pants. They are playing a duet for their Great Grandma Linge who grew up with twin brothers and I think she really enjoyed the concert.


I guess we need to get a piano now and save up for some lessons?


Aunt Hayley with Troy and Weston at the reception.


Cutting the cake


This is Troy at the end of the reception it says it all! "Yes I'm tired, I kept Mommy and Daddy up all night and yes I look like I've been abused because I've run into a kitchen chair this week and my brother is always grabbing my face. Can we go home now?" Oh well Troy you are still cute and we love you!

3 comments:

Peg said...

You did good, you got quite a few pictures even chasing two little boys. Love your memories of Hayley when she was born and I remember that birthday party you planned. You did such a great job with it. I knew way back then that you were very talented and also a huge party girl.

Lue said...

Looked like a beautiful day. I love the pictures of the cuties at the piano. :)

Lindsay said...

For the record I teased you only about tearing up before they had even come in the room....you were teary eyed the moment you sat down. Once things began I am fine with emotions..that's all. Nice pictures, I didn't have my camera at all so hopefully someone got one of my little man.