Monday, April 16, 2012

Turning Two!

We have two, two yr. olds now I can't believe it! Troy was looking through a book with baby pictures of him and Weston a few days ago he pointed to himself and said "baby" It made me want to cry I told him "yes that is a baby, that's you Troy!" I have two big boys now and I don't know how that happened so fast!


I got this idea off of Pinterest and made it as a decoration for the Birthday party.


 Troy and Weston's Birthday was on a Thursday. I took them to Jump Fit in Henderson for a couple hrs. they played in the bounce houses, shot basketballs, walked on treadmills and built with big foam blocks.That night Ty and I took them out to dinner at Mimi's Cafe-they have a pretty good kids menu. Troy and Weston were getting over bad colds so we kept the day low key and It was fun celebrating with just our little family on their actual Birthday..



Ty and I got the boys this BBQ grill so they can be just like Daddy now. I also have to add I got this half price last fall!


Weston enjoying his fake hamburger!


This tool work bench is another gift from Mom and Dad.This was also a deal I got Black Friday shopping last year. Hooray for bargains!


 We had a small party for Troy and Weston a few days after their Birthday when everyone was feeling better! I kept it very simple and really enjoyed the celebration a whole lot more this way. These were the party favors for our two little guests Liam and Carson.



They got toys for presents from Liam and Carson. A Chuck Truck ramp and a Little People Fire Truck.


 I am trying to find ways to recognize  Troy and Weston as individuals not as a "twin package" that is one and the same. They already have to share everything including a Birthday and I never want them to feel less special because they are a twin. So this year I made them each a cake. I had a lot of fun making Troy a mega block cake. Troy is our mechanical man he loves to put things together blocks, puzzles, latches on high chairs etc. and Weston is obsessed with any kind of ball! He loves to throw, kick and practice shooting basketballs in his little hoop. They both got excited when they saw their cakes! My sister in law Lue was here from New York and helped me get the frosting just the right color and frost the cake and decorate the ball cupcakes. 


We couldn't imagine our lives without our feisty, entertaining and expressive Westie! We love you Weston!


Life wouldn't be the same without our thoughtful, fearless, problem solver Troy boy! We love you Troy!


Carson, Troy, Liam and Weston eating cake. These little boys are such great buddies that miss each other when they don't get to play together.  I'm glad they have each other to grow up with!

1 comment:

Lue said...

Those are great cakes/cupcakes. Very cute.