Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Now Playing: Ty's 30th Birthday



I threw Ty a SURPRISE Birthday party for his 30th Birthday. I decided to do it the day before his Birthday on March 9th to throw him off a little. Plus he worked that day so I only had to figure out how to get rid of him for a few hours after work and my Father in law came to the rescue for that.  Ty loves to go to the movies so I thought he would enjoy a movie themed party. . I have to say Thank you to Ty's parents who were able to be here for his Birthday they got here the day before the party from Iowa and without all their help with the boys, keeping Ty away from the house the day of, and helping me get food ready this party would not have been such a success! I told Ty afterwards not to expect another one of these parties until he turns 50-haha! It was a lot of work and stress but it turned out to be a great night with good friends and yummy food!



 I ordered movie posters of some of Ty's favorite movies that he has watched over and over.  I realized after ordering them that I had one for every decade he has lived.

 

 To go along with the movie theme I had food you would buy at the concession stand: hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, pizza rolls (I know these are a stretch), candy, and soda pop.


These were the hit of the party Chicken Buffalo Nachos I was so glad they turned out it was my first time trying this recipe out.


I can't take credit for this but Smith's did a great job on this clapboard cupcake cake and it was just the right amount of cake for everyone. We really didn't have leftovers.

 

 Pictures of Ty from birth to High School. Thanks to my Mother in law who emailed all these pictures to me. They were fun to look at and hear the stories behind them.


Picture board two of Ty from senior year of High school through his 29th year.


Ty as he walked in the door for the party.



Ty with one of his co-workers Matt.


Party guests: Janna, Ebony, Nate and Will. Other friends that came but I didn't get a group shot of were Vanessa, Nick, Tyler and Matt.


We had four 2 yr. olds, and four more kids ages 4-7 I was very impressed with how good they all were and how nice they all played with each other. The adults were great about taking turns to watch them so we all got a chance to eat and visit.


I love these photos of Carson sharing popcorn with Weston!


The morning after the party was a Saturday and Ty's real Birthday we lounged in bed with the boys and I couldn't resist taking a picture of my 3 cute boys!


A few weeks before Ty's Birthday I emailed all of Ty's close friends and family and asked for a favorite memory of Ty or a quality they admire in him. I was hoping to get at least 30 messages back and got really close. Thank you to all who replied back! I copied them onto some bright paper  and complied them into a binder. We went out to lunch and I gave it to him. Ty really enjoyed reading all your thoughtful messages and laughing at many of the memories.

3 comments:

Lue said...

Looks like an awesome party! So great! The cupcake cake looks awesome. I bet my mom is going to wish you had more pics of her on the blog. Haha! You did a great job. My favorite picture though is the one of Ty and the cuties lounging in bed :)

neuroticmom said...

What a fantastic party. Good job! That looked like a LOT of work. I've decided that Weston looks just like your husband and Troy looks just like you. :)

Peg said...

Wow that was quite the party. Looks like you all had a great time.