Our biggest trip of the summer was in May we flew to Iowa for ten days to visit Ty's parents and Ty's oldest brother Luke and his family. We had such a great time! The day after we arrived in Iowa, we took a short road trip up to Spring Valley, Wisconsin. Ever since the boys were babies Ty has been telling me how much he wanted to take the boys to his Dad's family farm in Wisconsin. We found out that they are selling all the cows in September and so that gave us even more motivation to get out there to see the dairy farm. Let me just add how I thought this would be such a great experience for the boys and I was surprised by how much of an education I got being on a real farm!
They had about 10 baby calves outside the main barn. The boys put their hands out and the calves would come lick their hands. Troy tried so hard to get close they scared easily though so they had to approach real slow.
At one point Weston said "the cow licked my jacket" he thought that was so funny.
Inside the barn. It's milking time! I thought they had around thirty cows before I stepped inside, I wasn't even close there were eighty cows waiting their turn!
Weston and Troy feeding a baby calf a big bottle of fresh warm milk.
My little farm boys loved the tractors and wanted to climb up into each one. They sure loved the food too while we were there we enjoyed home grown bacon, real maple syrup (we got to see the trees and how they tap the syrup from it) and yummy Wisconsin cheese and curds.
Carter and Ann (Ty's cousin) had pigs at their house.
This was where we stayed at Carter's house. We need a big rock at our house like this.
Wisconsin was beautiful with big open, green fields like this one we walked down by a river and let the boys run around.
This is Ty's cousin Josh with his son Brayden who is the same age as our boys. We always can't believe the resemblance between Brayden and Weston. We joke that this is Weston's real twin. We tried to get a picture of both of them together but Weston wasn't cooperative.
No comments:
Post a Comment