Friday, July 29, 2011

Every Day Life With Two Toddlers

 I get asked by a lot of my other friends who are Moms "How do you do it? What is life like for you with two kids this age?"  Well pretty crazy both good and bad! I love these two little boys right now because they do so many cute, funny and new things every day. Their personalities emerge even more and I learn more about them as individuals each day. The downside about having two 17 month olds? It's the constant tantrums when they don't get their way, the fights with each other over toys and not being able to communicate to me what they need or want and their constant curiosity of getting into things, making messes, and destroying things! It's enough to pull your hair out and scream! Unfortunately for my boys the screaming part has happened and I'm not proud to admit that. But here are the moments I love to be a part of so much! When I see these moments I just want to pull them close and kiss their soft, chubby cheeks over and over again and thank my Heavenly Father for sending me these two handsome,sweet boys!



They are only happy brushing their teeth if they get to do it by themselves. When Ty and I try to help the crying begins.





This is how we stay cool in the HOT Vegas weather. We go to the parks and play in the splash pads. The boys love it and run around until they are soaking wet! They have watched all the "big" kids put their feet over the holes where the water comes out to block it from coming out and so of course they have to do that too!







 Weston and Daddy sharing some strawberry shortcake.


Weston playing with his friend Liam's bouncy ball. He got his shirt wet in the wading pool that night so that would be why he's half naked.


Troy driving his car.


Troy is so proud of himself when he puts blocks together! I love to watch him play with them.


I saved the best picture for last! These cute boys all on their own leaned in and gave each other a kiss! You can kind of see Weston's lips are all ready! Weston has been giving us a lot of kisses lately. When you ask for one he gets really serious, leans in slowly and touches your lips.  It's the sweetest, cutest thing I've ever seen and I hope to see a lot more of this between the two of them!

5 comments:

Lue said...

I love the brothers kiss. Weston is totally puckering! All the pics are so cute.

Peg said...

They are getting big! So much fun,I bet they are very entertaining at the splash pad. All the pictures are adorable, the kiss picture is very sweet, makes all the tough, hard stuff so worth it.

Lindsay said...

Cute! Looks like they are having a good time!

Julie said...

If it makes you feel any better, if my boys got a dollar every time I got frustrated or yelled, their college tuition would be paid for! :) I tell people all the time that my boys are frenimies. Best friends one second, and worst enemies the next. But just wait as they get a little bit older, they'll get better at playing together...most of the time :)
They sure are darling little guys!

neuroticmom said...

That picture of them giving a kiss is too cute.