Thursday, June 30, 2011

California

Last weekend my cousin Alyssa got married in the Newport Beach temple. I've really wanted to take the boys to the beach for their 1st time and so I talked to Ty about doing a mini vacation. We left Thursday and took our time getting there with traffic and two restless boys it took most the day. Here are a few pictures from our trip.


This is my beautiful cousin Alyssa and her new husband Hyrum.


Troy and Weston thoroughly enjoyed running around the fountains and the temple grounds. I wish Ty and I could say we thoroughly enjoyed chasing after them:)

"I love to see the temple... I'm going there someday...." (in about 18 more yrs)

 I love how Troy put his little hand on the door. 


My parents flew down for the wedding too it was fun to see them for a couple hrs. When I look at this picture it reminds me of my Grandma La Cognata who passed away in November. I have a picture just like this one with my Grandma standing in back of me when I was about Troy's age in a green puffy dress. Only instead of smiling I'm screaming my head off! I will have to look for the picture and post it later.

After pictures at the temple we grabbed some lunch and took a little ferry over to Balboa Island we looked around at the different shops and ate chocolate covered frozen bananas. 


This is a little video Ty got of Troy at the reception that night pulling a toy he found at the church.
Don't worry we got a good video of Weston at the beach you'll see him in the next post.





2 comments:

Peg said...

I loved that temple, do you think we could talk "E" into getting married there? The boys loved it too!

Mandi Roth said...

What a beautiful day for a wedding. :) Cute video of Troy.