Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Our Easter Celebration

I love Easter! It's always been my favorite holiday. I have childhood memories of going to my Grandma Linge's house dying eggs and going on Easter egg hunts in her backyard with all my cousins. My Mom always made me and my sisters matching Easter dresses to wear to church. Even though I'm a grown woman I still like to get a new spring dress for Easter (I'm a girly girl) and I can usually justify it because my Birthday falls within a week or two of Easter every year. There is also the nice weather and the candy of course too.  I love the meaning of Easter and the gifts my Savior Jesus Christ has given me of the resurrection and the Atonement.  Unfortunately we don't live near family and we didn't have any family visiting us this year. We have been blessed with amazing friends that are in the same boat and so we celebrated with them. We did an Easter egg hunt the day before with the Coffey family and we also dyed Easter eggs. Here are a few pictures from the hunt.


 Ty took Weston around to look for eggs. Weston was very into it! He would find the egg, shake it to make sure there was something in there then put it in the basket and go look for more eggs.


Troy choses when he wants to walk on his own and he is not as confident walking around outside. So I carried him to some spots with eggs. He picked them up and tried to open them. When he found goldfish and puffs inside he was very excited!


Weston shaking his eggs


Troy with his basket of eggs


Weston spotting an egg.


I made these chick cupcakes, I got the idea from http://www.ourbestbites.com/ They were yummy!

 
The boys loved their Easter baskets filled with goodies of goldfish, cereal bars, and puffs. They are obsessed with bubbles and their big bouncy balls the Easter bunny brought them too!


Troy with his bubbles


Weston ready to throw his Easter egg and his bouncy ball.



Weston showing the cool Easter grass he found in his basket!


Daddy tickling Troy


Weston didn't want to wear pants to church so he took them off. I thought it was pretty cute!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Such absolutely adorable boys!!

Peg said...

I didn't realize that Easter was your favorite holiday. We did have some fun egg hunts in grandma's yard. Your chick cup cakes were so cute. I love that website too. The boys are so cute. It looks like you had a great celebration even though you didn't have extended family. It is nice to have good friends when family is so far away.

Lindsay said...

Looks like fun! We didn't do a Easter Egg hunt since it was just us but we had a good Easter morning. Where's the picture of you in your Easter dress? The boys look really cute in their ties and it looks like they had fun hunting for eggs!

neuroticmom said...

First of all, that picture of them in the suitcase it to-die-for cute! I love those cute chick cupcakes too and the boys in their sunday clothes. Precious!

Ron and Rachelle said...

Love the top of your blog picture! I just got a new camera so I hope to take better pictures! Twins keep us hoppin'!

Visions By Vanessa Photography said...

I LOVE the cupcakes!!!! SOOOOO cute. I don't know how you do it.. I have a hard time with just one and here you are making adorable cupcakes! You are AWESOME!