Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Henry's Blessing

We went to Utah the end of June for our nephew Henry's Blessing. Henry was born in April to my  sister Lindsay and brother in law Brandon.  It was a quick three day trip and kind of a blur now that I am thinking about it.  We went to Cabela's and walked around with my parents, Brandon, Lindsay, Baxter and Henry on Friday.We went to the splash pad Friday night with my parents and two nieces, Averi and Sienna. Averi read a book to me and I couldn't believe what a great reader she is already. On Saturday June 23rd we had a huge Linge family reunion with my almost 89 yr. old Grandma Linge who is my Mother's Mother and all forty two of my cousins who all have families so even more great grandchildren  and all seven of my aunts and uncles. It was so huge there were people I didn't even make it around to see and pictures you ask? I was a little busy chasing toddlers around the park to get those.


Before we went to the splash pad I was thinking I doubt Utah could  have anything as nice as the Henderson splash pads (I know kind of snotty of me to think) This splash pad in Highland complete with a river was pretty cool. I guess I was proved wrong!


Troy and Weston climbed rocks and jumped off them. I loved watching how careful my nieces were to  step off the rocks gracefully verses my boys that jumped off with no thought of getting hurt.


Weston and Sienna were great little buddies and played together in the water the whole time.


 Troy loving the water as usual.


 Weston will make a great big brother someday. Both our boys loved Henry and kept saying "baby" and touching his hair.


 Dad, Ty, Nate, Brandon with Henry and Michael 


 My parents with the Bennion family


 One of the highlights of the trip for me was getting to hold this little guy and snuggle with him while he took a nap. It makes me sad to think how different he will be when I see him at Thanksgiving.


Cousins: Troy, Averi, Baxter, Sienna and Weston (who was not cooperating for pictures ) I miss these kids, Sienna said the nicest thing out of my whole family when we said good bye she gave me a hug and touched my face and said "come back" totally made me want to cry.


I had to include this one because of Troy, I love that sweet smile of his!

2 comments:

Lue said...

The picture of Weston holding the baby is really cute. And Troy's little smile in the last picture is just so "Troy". Very cute!

Peg said...

We had fun times when you were here, even though it was a fast trip. The boys sure do love water. They are the cutest!