Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Baby Food





We started feeding the boys rice cereal about 5 weeks ago and then started introducing solid foods. My sister Lindsay gave me this great website: www.wholesomebabyfood.com/ to reference because I was totally lost on what to introduce first, how much, how many days before the next food should be introduced, etc. After going to this site and feeling a little less overwhelmed I saw that it had baby food recipes on there. I didn't think I'd ever make my own baby food but since we are spending around $120 on formula a month! I thought this may just be worth it and so far it has been. I began with sweet potatoes and made enough for 14 days for both boys it cost me $1.08 verses $8.00 it would have cost to buy jar food at the store. Besides Sweet Potatoes I have made carrots, butternut squash,green beans and peas. It's very easy and whatever I make I freeze and have enough for a couple weeks. It's also a lot healthier!


This is after a few attempts of feeding them in their clothes w/ bibs. Weston always rips his off so I started just feeding them in their diapers and then we get dressed right after and it makes for an easy clean up!


Weston is already wanting to feed himself and has to hold an extra spoon while we feed him.


Troy really loves sweet potatoes, he makes little noises of approval! We have a video of it but neither Ty or I can get it to upload to our blog so for now a picture will have to do.

2 comments:

Lue said...

The pictures are great. So cute. I like that apron too. I'm sure my mom will love it.

Peg said...

They are so funny,I am laughing at the video and I keep watching it over and over. Laughter has been the best medicine yet on my recovery. I love those boys! The baby food production is very interesting and who would think you could save so much money doing that? You are such a smart mom! Love the park and the sheep that joined you. The pictures are beautiful! Love you all and miss you all too!